The District of 100 Mile is currently under Evacuation Alert.
In an effort to communicate accurate and reliable information this page will be updated often.
Wildfire Communication Bulletins will be posted Monday - Friday by 2:00 pm. After hours or weekend updates will only be posted when emergent information is received and must be communicated immediately with the public.
BC Wildfire is publishing Wildfire updates. These will be posted when available.
District of 100 Mile House Notice of ALERT
Wednesday, July 14th, 2021 - For Immediate Release
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the District of 100 Mile House at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the District of 100 Mile House has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:Image
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order by:
• Having a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
• Keeping essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
• Ensuring that any dependents are prepared for departure.
• Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
• Ensuring that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
• Monitoring reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of
Reception Centres and the District of 100 Mile House channels on Facebook and www.100milehouse.com .
• If you are on an evacuation ALERT, or if you have been displaced from your home due to an emergency, please self-register for Emergency Support Services. Self-Registration will reduce wait times for evacuees and assist in the referral process. https://ess.gov.bc.ca/
Mitch Campsall, Mayor
District of 100 Mile House
Regular 100 Mile House community updates regarding the status of the Flat Lake Fire will be as follows:
- Daily updates Monday to Friday by 2:00 pm on the District’s Facebook page and website as well as posters at the District office and the Post Office;
- After hours or weekend updates will only be posted when emergent information is received and must be communicated immediately to the public;
- This daily update is for the District of 100 Mile House only. Surrounding Cariboo Regional District (CRD) communities are not included;
- As Town Hall Meetings cannot safely be accommodated right now, this daily update will provide current and factual information
District of 100 Mile House Communication Bulletins
July 29 2021 July 28 2021 July 27 2021 July 26 2021 July 23 2021 July 22 2021 July 21 2021 July 20 2021 July 19 2021
BC Wildfire creates Wildfire update bulletins once a day or less frequently as required. The most up to date fire information is available on the Wildfires of Note page.
BC Wildfire Updates
July 29,2021 July 28, 2021 July 27, 2021 July 26,2021 July 25, 2021 July 24,2021 July 23,2021 July 22,2021 July 21,2021 July 20,2021 July 19, 2021 July 18, 2021
Register for emergency support services – If your principal residence is in an evacuation order area you should register for emergency support services (ESS).
Self-registration link: https://era-r1.embc.gov.bc.ca/self-registration/step-1
Pre-register for ESS
• You can pre-register and register for ESS: If you are on evacuation Alert or Order, or if you have displaced from your home due to emergency you can pre-register here: ess.gov.bc.ca
• You will have to complete the registration process at a reception centre when you arrive at the designated sites.
• ESS 100 Mile House is located at the 100 Mile House Curling rink on Wrangler Way , phone 587-645-4842.
If you are travelling or on vacation in an Evacuation Order Area, please return to your principal residence
The District would like to thank all residents and travelers for their patience and
co-operation at this time
Additional Wildfire Related Links
Notice : Trail Closure at 99 Mile
Closure of all of the recreation trails at 99 Mile due to the current wildfire situation, wildfire risk, and the fact that the area is within an evacuation alert zone issued yesterday. This includes the off-road motorcycle trails, mountain bike trails, ski trails, etc.
For a map of all the closures visit : http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/
The BC Economic Development Association has posted a live document (ie: it’s updated on an ongoing basis) to their website:
Community Futures has a team of experts ready and available to speak with you regarding your unique challenges due to the current wildfire season
WILDFIRE ACTIVITY INFORMATION LINE: 1-888-336-7378 (3FOREST)
WILDFIRE REPORTING: 1-800-663-5555 OR *5555 ON YOUR CELLPHONE