WILDFIRE COMMUNICATION BULLETIN
Regular 100 Mile House community updates regarding the status of the Flat Lake Fire will be as follows:
- Daily updates Monday to Friday by 2:00 pm on the District’s Facebook page and website as well as posters at the District office and the Post Office;
- After hours or weekend updates will only be posted when emergent information is received and must be communicated immediately to the public;
- This daily update is for the District of 100 Mile House only. Surrounding Cariboo Regional District (CRD) communities are not included;
- As Town Hall Meetings cannot safely be accommodated right now, this daily update will provide current and factual information.
July 21, 2021 – UPDATE
- The District of 100 Mile House remains on Evacuation ALERT ONLY;
- There are no fires currently within the District boundaries;
- Current Fire Danger rating in the 100 Mile Zone is High to Extreme;
- Flat Lake Fire is estimated to be 26,191 hectares in size (excludes July 20th fire growth);
- The fire is active and remains classified as ‘out of control”;
- Overnight the fire advanced to Hwy 97 at 83 Mile and Green Lake Rd. and crossed the highway in some spots. Structure protection personnel and volunteer fire department were on site patrolling.
- Yesterday’s ignitions were successful in the southeast and along the wooden transmission lines;
- Heavy smoke continues to impact the highway;
- Today crews will be working to secure the area at 83 Mile on Hwy 97, north of Bullock Lake Rd and towards Davis Lake. Heavy equipment will be building guard in this area, securing the area in the vicinity of Stormy Road north to the 3000 Road, and continue to work on the guard from Gustafsen Lake connecting existing road systems;
- The 100 Mile Northeast Complex Incident Management Team is managing response for this incident;
- There are 14 helicopters available to continue to action the fires within this complex with bucketing activities, 82 firefighters, 53 pieces of heavy equipment and 22 structural personnel;
- The weather forecast is for a chance of showers late this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind continues to be a factor.
NEXT UPDATE – Thursday, July 22, 2021 unless an emergency update is required.
For accurate and reliable information:
District of 100 Mile House – https://100milehouse.com [or on our Facebook page]
Cariboo Regional District – https://www.cariboord.ca or call 1-866-759-4977
BC Wildfire Service - https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status
Drive BC - https://www.drivebc.ca/
For more fire related information visit our Wildfire Information page.