The District of 100 Mile House is responsible for the safe clearing, plowing, sanding, sweeping and care of all streets within the municipal boundaries.
Winter Roads Maintenance
During snow events the District uses a priority system to clear streets as quickly and efficiently as possible. During and after the snow falls, we’ll be hard at work moving the snow from roads with plows and equipment, and we ask that vehicles are parked off the road to help us effectively plow the roads as quickly as possible. We are committed to maintaining roads in passible condition and prioritize routes.
- You are responsible for clearing your driveway access – push snow onto your property on the right side of your driveway as you face the road
- Be careful where you park; leave room for the plows.
- Push snow onto your own property, not the road in front of your property
- Be careful where you put your garbage bins for pickup in the winter.
- Help your neighbours in need!
See a snow issue? Call the District office at 250-395-2434 or submit a Contact us form online.
Highway 97 through 100 Mile House is owned and maintained by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. The Highway 97 maintenance contractor is Dawson Road Maintenance 1-250-395-2117. Dawson Road Maintenance is responsible for Highway 97 including exits and entrances.
Should you have a concern about any municipal roadways, sidewalks or to report a street light out please contacts us.
Please note that street lights reported may take up to 60 days to be repaired.