BC Business Match helps entrepreneurs and their families to find the right business for their skills and interests, and relocate from large urban centers. It's an initiative designed to sustain and grow the local economies of non-metropolitan BC communities and is spearheaded by Community Futures, a non-profit organization with offices throughout BC.
Small Business BC helps British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses through expert business advisors, educational services, easy-to-use free resources and engaging community events.
The South Cariboo Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization that is made up of members of the business community including other non-profits. The Chamber acts as a forum through which businesses can speak, providing opportunities to network and allowing members to share ideas and solutions.
- Industry Training Authority manages over 100 trades programs in BC, 49 of which are Red Seal.
- Thompson Rivers University - from traditional academics to trades, from certificates to graduate degrees, TRU offers over 140 on-campus programs and 50-plus Open Learning programs. Don't forget to visit the 100 Mile Regional Campus.
- College of New Caledonia – At CNC, we take pride in helping you learn the in-demand skills you need to reach your potential.
- Work BC - Most jobs require some form of education or training. Get qualified through a variety of post-secondary options - from apprenticeships to university programs – offered in B.C.
Taking Care of Business - A Community Futures Program, Taking Care of Business provides funding for training and one-on-one support for businesses throughout Northern BC. Your business team will have access to free online workshops and webinars, professional business support, and up to $7500 in specific business training.
Venture Connect assists:
- Business owners to prepare for the sale of their business and understand their position in the buy/sell marketplace
- Business buyers, both local and foreign, to identify and acquire appropriate businesses
- Listing agents, business sellers and economic development agencies to expose their opportunities and connect them with buyers
- Economic development agencies and government by gathering and analyzing data and providing trends in the rural business landscape
For all investment related inquiries, please contact:
Joanne Doddridge - Director of Economic Development & Planning
Office: (250) 395-2434 Fax: (250) 395-3625
Address: PO Box 340, 100 Mile House, BC V0K 2E0